Making a Complaint

Fife Women’s Aid aims to provide a high standard of service. If we fail to do so it is important that we know about it.

Contact Us Now

Freephone helpline for women
24h Telephone support

0808 802 5555

Freephone helpline
for Children & Young People

0808 801 0422

If you wish to make a complaint, please contact:

Fife Women’s Aid
Suite 1
First floor
Saltire House
Pentland Park
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01383 732289

Complaints must be made within 6 months of the service provided or the event you are complaining about.

If the service complained about is registered with the Care Inspectorate (refuge and homes support services for women) a complaint may be made directly to them, as follows:

Care Inspectorate
Compass House
11 Riverside Drive
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01382 207100
Enquiries: 0845 600 9527

Where the complaint relates to the FWA counselling service and the FWA Complaints policy has been exhausted, complainants can submit a complaint to COSCA (Confederation of Scottish Counselling Agencies). The complaint should be made in writing using the procedures laid down in the COSCA Complaints Procedure, which is available on the COSCA website. When it is not possible for the complainant to submit the complaint in writing, COSCA offers assistance for the complaint to be made.

A complaint from a third party (ie not a service user) about the FWA counselling service may be accepted where the third party alleges that the counselling service provided:

  1. breached the COSCA Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and
  2. had a direct and adverse effect on the third party submitting the complaint.

At the conclusion of any complaint concerning the FWA counselling service, a report will be submitted to COSCA using the procedure provided for on the COSCA website.

16 Melville Terrace
Telephone: 01786 475140