Fife Women’s Aid values the contribution of volunteers. They bring a range of skills and perspectives to the organisation and to their roles with women who have experienced domestic abuse. We encourage women from all sections of the community to volunteer.
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Please see below for information about the volunteering roles within the organisation and how to let us know you are interested.