In This Section:
The Win Win of Giving!
Why should your company give?
It’s important to your employees, an investment in their local community is an investment in them. It’s also very good public relations and good relationship building and the idea of social capital ie doing well through doing good is really gaining momentum.
According to the Charities Aid Foundation 51% of British adults are more likely to buy or use a service from a company that donates to charitable causes.
These days consumers are much more discerning about where they buy from. There is a growing trend especially among younger people to see that their money is being put to good use.
Some tips for growing a modern engagement focussed programme:
- Make giving personal – do you have payroll giving set up? Find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/payroll-giving
- Make giving easy – Make sure your employees know what local charities are out there, you can do this in a variety of ways including putting information in the staff room, on the intranet, talk about it at staff meetings and encourage employees to come up with their own ideas.
- Make it a perfect match – if your company’s employees are already involved with a local charity why don’t you match their fundraising efforts?
- Offer incentives to participants who wish to fundraise for their local charity or community. This could be the use of employee’s time for a fundraising event such as charity bag packing, street collections or matching any raised funds as above.
- Unite giving and volunteering.
Whether or not you’ve partnered with a charity before, we have many ways your company could work with Fife Women’s Aid. Partnering with us could help you achieve your charitable goals, you could make us your charity of the year, a charity partner or just give a gift. Check out our pages in the fundraising section or give us a call on 01383 732289.
Suite 1, First Floor, Saltire House, Pentland Park,
Glenrothes, Fife. KY6 2AL
Telephone Support: 0808 802 5555
Business: 01383 732289